Connect with us

General

Christian Porter confirmed as rape accused | Narooma News

Published

on



Attorney-General Christian Porter has denied he raped a woman more than three decades ago.

The senior Morrison government figure outed himself as the accused man on Wednesday after sexual assault allegations against an unnamed minister surfaced last week.

Mr Porter will go on a short period of leave after speaking with his doctor about his mental health.

The woman, who was 16 at the time of the alleged rape in 1988, went to police last year but withdrew the complaint before taking her own life in June.

Mr Porter said he categorically denied the incident happened before declaring he would not stand down.

“Nothing in the allegations that have been printed ever happened,” he told reporters in Perth.

The attorney-general said the woman’s parents…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

You might also like ...

Araluen Road: ARE WE BEING INFORMED, OR FOBBED OFF?
The red and white rocket revealed